Terms & Conditions Prepaid Cards
FOR YES BANK EBIXCASH GIFT PREPAID CARDS
The terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as “Terms and Conditions”) mentioned herein is applicable to the usage of the “YES BANK EBIXCASH GIFT Prepaid Card”, and required to be agreed to and accepted before its usage. The Terms and Conditions, specified below govern and constitute the entire agreement and/or arrangement between you and YES Bank in relation to the “YES BANK EBIXCASH GIFT Prepaid Card”, as amended from time to time at the at the sole discretion of the YES Bank Limited.
By completing the sign-up process for availing the “YES BANK EBIXCASH GIFT Prepaid Card”, you are deemed to have expressly read, understood and accepted each and every Terms and Conditions mentioned herein. You agree to be bound by all the Terms and Conditions mentioned herein, as may be amended from time to time, at the sole discretion of the YES Bank Limited.
In this Terms and Conditions, unless the contrary intention appears and/or the context otherwise requires, capitalized terms defined by: (i) inclusion in quotations and/ or parenthesis have the meanings so ascribed; and (ii) the following terms shall have the meanings assigned to them herein below:
- “Account” or “Card Account” refers to a prepaid account with an account balance equivalent to amount loaded on such PPI, for the purpose of monitoring the limits available on such PPI.
- “Application Form” shall means as the context may permit or require, the GIFT Prepaid Card application form submitted by the Customer to YES Bank/EbixCash for the purpose of applying for and/or availing the GIFT Prepaid Card along with all requisite information, particulars, clarifications and declarations, if any, furnished by the Customer from time to time in connection with the GIFT Prepaid Card.
- “Business Day” means a day other than a Sunday or Public Holiday as defined under Section 25 of Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881 on which banks are open to transact business of banking.
- “Charges” means such levy, costs and charges levied by YES Bank for usage of the GIFT Prepaid Card, as amended from time to time.
- “Customer” or “Holder” shall mean any individual, limited liability partnership firm, partnership, society, company or any other organization or entity under applicable laws, who obtain/purchase PPIs from Bank and use the same for purchase of goods and services, including financial services, remittance facilities etc. against the value stored on such instruments
- "Customer Care Centre" refers to Program Phone Banking Service provided by YES Bank/EbixCash for addressing all queries, complaints raised by the Customer or any details or information sought by the Customer in relation to the GIFT Prepaid Card.
- “Card Agreement” means the agreement or arrangement letter signed and executed by the Customer with YES Bank for issuance of the GIFT Prepaid Card to its employees/ contractual staff and includes any amendments made thereto from time to time.
- “Card” or “YES BANK GIFT Card" or Prepaid Instrument (PPI) shall mean a Prepaid Instrument (“PPIs”-Card/wallet) are payment instruments that facilitate purchase of goods and services, including financial services, remittance facilities etc. against the value stored on such instruments as defined in the Master Direction on Issuance and Operation of Prepaid Payment Instruments dated December 29, 2017.
- “EDC” or “Electronic Data Capture” means terminal, printer, other peripheral and accessory and necessary software on which the GIFT Prepaid Card can be swiped or used to initiate a transaction.
- “Internet Payment Gateway” means the protocol stipulated/to be stipulated by YES Bank authorizing the payments through the GIFT Prepaid Card via internet upon authentication of the Customer.
- “KYC” shall mean Know your Customer guidelines adopted by the Bank for the purpose of identification and verification of the Customer, pursuant to the guidelines, circular and notifications, issued by the Reserve Bank of India, from time to time.
- “Merchant Establishments” shall mean such physical establishments including but not limited to stores, shops, restaurants, hotels, located in India, which accept GIFT Prepaid Card or Master Card.
- “Personal Identification Number (PIN)” is a numeric password which is part of the kit provided to the Customer by YES Bank along with the PPI.
- “Payment Channel” shall mean various modes of transactions including but not limited to EDC/ POS terminals/kiosks / Internet Payment Gateway and various other modes as intimated by Yes Bank from time to time.
- “POS” or “Point of Sale” means electronic terminals maintained by Merchant Establishments in India at which the Customer can use the GIFT Prepaid Card for the purpose of purchasing the goods and services, including financial services, remittance facilities etc.
- "Program" shall mean YES Bank program to offer the GIFT Prepaid Card to the Customer.
- “Schedule of Fees/Charges” shall mean the details of fees or charges as may be prescribed by YES Bank from time to time and displayed on its Website, amended from time to time.
- "Statement" means a monthly statement of the GIFT Prepaid Card transaction available in YES Bank’s records setting out the financial transactions that have been carried out or made through the GIFT Prepaid Card, along with the balance, if any, in the Card Account.
- "Transaction" means any transaction initiated on the GIFT Prepaid Card by the Customer at any MasterCard/VISA/RUPAY affiliated Merchant Establishment, YES Bank ATMs, other bank’s ATMs in India or over the internet.
- "Transaction Limit" shall mean the maximum value of purchase that the Customer can make at Merchant Establishment or over the internet directly or indirectly by using the GIFT Prepaid Card on any given day or for such periods as may be stipulated by YES Bank from time to time, provided that in no event shall such amount be more than the amounts transferred to the GIFT Prepaid Card issued to the Customer, after deducting the aggregate debits made thereon pursuant to the use of the GIFT Prepaid Card by the Customer.
- "Website" shall mean the website owned, established and maintained by YES Bank /EbixCash located at the URL: www.ebixcash.com or any modifications or amendments thereto from time to time.
- “YES Bank” shall mean YES Bank Ltd., a banking company within the meaning of the Companies Act 1956 and a banking company within the meaning of section 5 (c) of the banking Regulation Act, 1949, having its registered office at Nehru Centre, 9th Floor, Discovery of India, Dr A B Road, Worli, Mumbai 400 018.
- “EBIXCASH” shall means Ebix Payment Services Pvt Ltd, a company incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956/2013 and having its Registered Office at 2nd Floor, Manek Plaza, Kalina CST Road, Kolekalyan, Santacruz (East), Mumbai – 400098 (“EbixCash”). EbixCash is a Trade and Brand name of Ebix Payment Services Pvt Ltd. Ebix Payment Services Pvt Ltd has been appointed as program manager for the YES Bank EbixCash Gift Card by YES BANK.
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the contrary intention appears:
- a reference to an "amendment" includes a supplement, modification, novation, replacement or reenactment and "amended" is to be construed accordingly;
- an "authorization" or “approval” includes an authorisation, consent, clearance, approval, permission, resolution, license, exemption, filing and registration;
- “law” includes any constitution, statute, law, rule, regulation, ordinance, judgment, order, decree, authorisation, or any published directive, guideline, requirement or governmental restriction having the force of law, or any determination by or interpretation of any of the foregoing by any judicial authority, whether in effect as of the date of signing/submission of the Application Form or thereafter, and each as amended from time to time.
- "Force Majeure Event" means any event due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of the YES BANK, including without limitations, unavailability of any communication systems, breach, or virus in the processes or payment or delivery mechanism, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of god, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage devices, computer crashes, malfunctioning in the computer terminal or the systems getting affected by any malicious, destructive or corrupting code or program, mechanical or technical errors/failures or power shut down, faults or failures in telecommunication etc.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- the headings in these Terms and Conditions are inserted for convenience of reference only
- reference to the words “include” or “including” shall be construed without limitation;
- reference to a gender shall include reference to the female, male and neuter genders;
- all approvals, permissions, consents or acceptance required from YES Bank for any matter shall require the prior written approval, permission, consent or acceptance of YES Bank;
- in the event of any disagreement or dispute between YES Bank/EBICASH and the Customer regarding the materiality of any matter including any event, occurrence, circumstance, change, fact, information, document, authorisation, proceeding, act, omission, claims, breach, default or otherwise, the opinion of YES Bank/EbixCash as to the materiality of any of the foregoing shall be final and binding on the Customer.
III. APPLICABILITY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- These Terms and Conditions along with the General Terms and Conditions cumulatively form the entire contract between the Customer and YES Bank/EbixCash for usage of the GIFT Prepaid Card.
- The GIFT Prepaid Card shall be issued by YES Bank/EbixCash, subject to the Customer fulfilling the eligibility criteria as stipulated by YES Bank, from time to time.
- The GIFT Prepaid Card shall not be transferable to other individual or party
- The maximum credit balance which can be uploaded on the GIFT Prepaid Card shall be limited to INR 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Only).
- The GIFT Prepaid Card shall be valid only within the territory of India and for transactions in Indian Rupees only. The GIFT Card cannot be used outside the territory of India or for any transactions denominated in foreign currency.
- The GIFT Prepaid Card is the exclusive property of YES Bank/EbixCash.
- The Customer shall be required sign on the reverse side of the GIFT Prepaid Card immediately upon its receipt. YES Bank/EbixCash reserves the right to reject or cancel any Transaction in absence of the signature or mismatch of the signature, without further notice or intimation to the Customer.
- The GIFT Prepaid Card can be used at the Automated Teller Machines (“ATMs”) for balance enquiry transactions.
- YES Bank/EbixCash shall not be liable to pay any interest on any balance maintained in the GIFT Prepaid Card at any point in time.
- YES Bank/EbixCash will inform or intimate the Customer 45 days prior to the expiry of the GIFT Prepaid Card through SMS on the registered mobile number of the Customer. Customer needs to utilize the entire credit balance available on the GIFT Prepaid Card prior to the expiry of the GIFT Prepaid Card. In case the Customer does not utilize the credit balance available on the GIFT Prepaid Card within the validity period, the Customer can approach YES Bank/EbixCash for replacement/transfer of outstanding balance to new GIFT card. In case the Customer does not approach YES Bank /EbixCash within a specified period, the outstanding credit balance available on the GIFT Prepaid Card will be transferred to a Fund in compliance with the regulatory guidelines.
IV. ISSUANCE AND USAGE OF THE CARD
- The Customer unconditionally and irrevocably authorizes YES Bank/EbixCash to deliver and handover the GIFT Prepaid Card to the Customer or the entity which will distribute it to the Customer(s). YES Bank shall not be liable or responsible for any act or omission on the part of the entity, in connection with the delivery of the GIFT Prepaid Card to the Customer.
- YES Bank /EbixCash and the Merchant Establishments, reserves the right to refuse the acceptance of the GIFT Prepaid Card at any time for any reasons whatsoever, without any prior intimation to the Customer.
- The GIFT Prepaid Card shall be used only for bonafide personal or official purposes. It is clarified that charges incurred may, in case of certain Merchant Establishments, include a charge for availing certain additional service or other facility being provided by such Merchant Establishments.
- The Customer shall sign and retain all the charge slips generated for each of the Transaction consummated at a Merchant Establishment. YES Bank/EbixCash shall not be obliged to provide copies of the charge slips or transaction slips to the Customer. Any such request by the Customer will be at the sole discretion of YES Bank/EbixCash and provided such requests have been made by the Customer within forty-five (45) days from the date of the Transaction. The Customer agrees that YES Bank/EbixCash shall be entitled to charge additional cost or charge for providing copies of the charge or transaction slips
- Any charge or cost levied by the Merchant Establishment in relation to any Transaction, shall be directly settled by the Customer with the Merchant Establishment. YES Bank/EbixCash shall not be liable or responsible, either directly or indirectly, for any act or omission on the part of the Master Merchant or the charges or cost levied by them in relation to the Transaction.
- All refunds and adjustments due to any Merchant Establishments on account of device error or communication link will be processed manually and the Card Account will be credited after due verification by YES Bank/EbixCash pursuant to the applicable rules, regulation and internal policy of YES Bank/EbixCash. The Customer agrees that any subsequent Transactions will be accepted or honored only basis the available credit balance in the Card Account(s) without taking into account any disputed amount under consideration by YES Bank/EbixCash. The Customer shall unconditionally keep YES Bank/EbixCash indemnified against any loss or damage caused to YES Bank/EbixCash on account of dishonoring the payment instructions as a result of insufficient funds in the Card Account. The Customer agrees that YES Bank/EbixCash shall be entitled to deduct the amount of such loss or damaged caused to YES Bank/EbixCash directly from the Card Account.
- The Customer acknowledges that all refunds in case of failed, returned, rejected or cancelled Transactions done by the Customer using any other payment instrument cannot be credited in the GIFT Prepaid Card.
- The Card Member undertakes to act in good faith at all times in relation to all dealings in relation to the GIFT Prepaid Card. The Customer accepts full responsibility for any illegal or wrongful use of the GIFT Prepaid Card in contravention to the Terms and Conditions contained herein and, undertakes and agrees to indemnify YES Bank /EbixCash against any loss, damage, interest, conversion, any other financial charge that YES Bank/EbixCash may incur and/or suffer, whether directly or indirectly, as a result of the Customer committing any violations of the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
- The Customer agrees that he/she will not use the GIFT Prepaid Card for making payment(s) of any goods and services, which is illegal under the Applicable laws. The GIFT Prepaid Card cannot be used for making purchases of prohibited or contraband products or services, e.g. lottery tickets, banned or prohibited magazines, participation in sweepstakes, purchase of bitcoins, payment for call-back services, etc.
- The Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that the GIFT Prepaid Card cannot be reloaded.
- The Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that if there are no Transaction for a consecutive period of one (1) year on the GIFT Prepaid Card, subject to validity of the the GIFT Prepaid Card, the GIFT Prepaid Card shall be made inactive by YES Bank/EbixCash after sending a notice to the Customer. The GIFT Prepaid Card can only be reactivated by YES Bank/EbixCash after validations and requisite due diligence, as stipulated by YES Bank/EbixCash, from time to time.
- The Customer hereby agrees to receive SMS or emailing alerts from YES Bank /EbixCash for all Transactions done using the GIFT Prepaid Card. The SMS or emailing alerts from YES Bank/EbixCash shall stipulate debit and credit Transactions, balance available or remaining on the GIFT Prepaid Card or such other information or details as stipulated by YES Bank/EbixCash, from time to time.
- The Customer agrees and confirms that the Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) shall under no circumstances should be revealed by the Customer to any relative or family members or third party. The Customer shall be solely responsible and liable for the consequences arising out of such unauthorized disclosure of PIN and/or unauthorized usage of the GIFT Prepaid Card. The Customer disclaims all responsibility and liability of YES Bank/EbixCash arising out of or in connection with the unauthorized usage of the GIFT Prepaid Card and/or any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, incurred by YES Bank /EbixCash as a result of such misuse. If the Customer forgets or misplaces the PIN, the Customer should make an application in writing or contact the Customer Care Centre for a new PIN immediately. The new PIN will be sent to the Customer’s registered email address, provided to or available with the YES Bank/EbixCash.
- The Customer agrees that YES Bank/EbixCash may, at its sole discretion, utilize the services of external service provider/s or agent/s and on such terms as required or necessary, in relation to its services.
- The Customer shall have access to Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQ”) as uploaded by YES Bank/EbixCash on its Website, from time to time.
- In the event of any breach of these Terms and conditions by the Customer, YES Bank /EbixCash shall have the sole right to forthwith cancel or terminate the GIFT Prepaid Card, without any further claim, demand or dispute upon YES Bank/EbixCash.
- The Customer undertakes and agrees to indemnify YES Bank/EbixCash against any loss, damage, claim, penalty, cost, charges or expenses (including legal counsel fees) that YES Bank /EbixCash may incur and/or suffer, whether directly or indirectly, as a result of the Customer committing any breach of the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
VI. TERM & TERMINATION
- The GIFT Prepaid Card shall be valid for a period of One (1) years from date of printing or until the expiry date printed on the face of the GIFT Prepaid Card.
- The Customer agrees and undertakes to destroy the GIFT Prepaid Card upon its expiry to prevent any third party from using it.
- The Customer may at any point of time, request for termination of the GIFT Prepaid Card, by giving a prior written notice of thirty (30) days to YES Bank/EbixCash, save and except, upon request by the Customer for hot listing or blocking the GIFT Prepaid Card, in which case the GIFT Prepaid Card shall be terminated and/or cancelled with immediate effect.
- The Customer understands that such notice will not take effect until the GIFT Prepaid Card has been defaced by cutting off the top right-hand corner, ensuring that both the hologram and the magnetic strip have been cut and has been destroyed or received by YES Bank/EbixCash. The Customer agrees that the Customer shall continue to be liable for any Charges incurred on the GIFT Prepaid Card prior to the termination of the GIFT Prepaid Card, irrespective of the fact whether the Customer has or claims to have destroyed the GIFT Prepaid Card.
- YES BANK may at its sole discretion terminate the GIFT Prepaid Card (i) In the event the Customer is declared insolvent or death of the Customer (ii) In the event of the Customer committing breach of any of the terms, conditions, stipulations or its obligations under these ‘“Terms and Conditions”’ (iii) In the event of any restriction imposed on the Customer by an Order of a competent Court or Order issued by any regulatory or statutory authority in India or any investigating agency. (iv) In the event the GIFT Prepaid Card Program becomes illegal under the applicable laws, rules, and guidelines or circular. (v) In the event the entire GIFT Prepaid Card Program is terminated.
- YES Bank, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to, either temporarily or permanently, withdraw the privileges on the GIFT Prepaid Card and/or terminate the GIFT Prepaid Card at any time without giving any notice or assigning any reason thereof. In case of a temporary withdrawal, the privileges attached to the GIFT Prepaid Card shall be reinstated by YES Bank at its sole discretion. In case of a permanent withdrawal, YES Bank has a right to cancel the GIFT Prepaid Card permanently. However, it is made distinctly clear that withdrawal (temporary or permanent) shall constitute automatic withdrawal of all benefits, privileges and services attached to the GIFT Prepaid Card. The Customer agrees that in the event of temporary or permanent withdrawal of the GIFT Prepaid Card, the Customer shall continue to be fully liable for all Charges incurred on the GIFT Prepaid Card prior to such withdrawal, together with all other applicable Charges thereon, unless otherwise specified by YES Bank.
- If YES Bank temporarily or permanently, withdraw the privileges or terminates the GIFT Prepaid Card, YES Bank will on best effort basis, promptly notify the Customer. YES Bank/EbixCash shall not be held liable or responsible for any such delays or laches in receipt of such notification.
- Upon termination of the GIFT Prepaid Card as stated above, the balance amount, if any lying in the Card Account shall be refunded to the Customer subject to the payment of applicable charges by way of Pay Order / Demand Draft drawn in favor of the Customer and receipt of written request from the Customer. Customer to submit request with Yes Bank for refund of the balance amount
Any notice to be given by YES Bank/EbixCash hereunder shall be deemed to have been received by the Customer, within seven (7) days from the date of the notice or email sent by YES Bank/EbixCash at the registered email or mailing address provided to or available with YES Bank/EbixCash.
Any notice to be given by the Customer hereunder shall be deemed to have been received by YES Bank/EbixCash only upon acknowledgement of receipt of such notice by YES Bank/EbixCash at its Corporate Office Address at 22nd Floor, Indiabulls Financial Centre, Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone (W), Mumbai - 400013.
Ebix Payment Services Private Limited, 2nd Floor, Manek Plaza, Kalina CST Road, Kolekalyan, Santacruz (East),Mumbai–400098.
Any notice or communication from the Customer hereunder shall not be binding on YES Bank unless the same is in writing and shall have been served and acknowledged by YES Bank or if by registered post, acknowledgement card.
- Charges shall include:
(a) Any fees charged by YES Bank/EbixCash in respect of the GIFT Prepaid Card, including replacement, renewal, handling and other fees, if any. These fees are non-refundable, non-transferrable and non-assignable in nature.
(b) Service Charges on specific types of Transactions. The method of computation of such Charges will be as notified by YES Bank/EbixCash from time to time on its website: www.ebixcash.com
- All Charge, in the absence of manifest error, shall be final and binding on the Customer and shall be conclusive in nature.
- All statutory taxes, goods and service tax, all other imposts, duties (including stamp duty and relevant registration charges, if any, in connection with the GIFT Prepaid Card) and taxes (of any description whatsoever) as may be levied from time to time by the Government or other authority in respect of or in connection with the GIFT Prepaid Card, will be borne by the Customer.
IX. CASH WITHDRAWAL
- As per regulatory guidelines, cash withdrawal is not permitted.
X. LOST, STOLEN OR MISUSED GIFT PREPAID CARD:
- If the GIFT Prepaid Card is lost or stolen, the Customer must immediately report such loss or theft to Customer Care Centre and request for immediate suspension of the GIFT Prepaid Card.
- b) The Customer acknowledges that once the GIFT Prepaid Card is reported lost, stolen or damaged, such GIFT Prepaid Card cannot be used again, even if found subsequently.
The Customer is responsible for the security of the GIFT Prepaid Card and shall take all steps towards ensuring that the GIFT Prepaid Card is not misused. In the event YES Bank determines or receives any information that the Customer has neglected or refused or failed to take steps as indicated above, in case of loss, theft or destruction of the GIFT Prepaid Card, YES Bank reserves the sole right to cancel or terminate such GIFT Prepaid Card.
- c) No liability shall accrue upon the Customer for any unauthorized transactions done on the GIFT Prepaid Card, after such GIFT Prepaid Card has been reported lost, stolen or damaged by the Customer. All liabilities accrued on the GIFT Prepaid Card, post reporting by the Customer shall be borne by YES Bank/EbixCash. However, in case of any dispute relating to the time of reporting and/ or transaction/s made on the GIFT Prepaid Card, post reporting of the GIFT Prepaid Card being lost, stolen or misused, all decisions of YES Bank shall be final and binding on the Customer.
XI. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- Without prejudice to the foregoing, YES Bank/EbixCash shall be under no liability or responsibility to the Customer or any third party, in respect of any loss or damage arising, directly or indirectly out of:
1. any defect in any goods or services supplied
2. any disputes regarding the quality, value warranty, delay of delivery, non delivery, non receipt of any goods or services;
3. the refusal of any person to honour or accept the GIFT Prepaid Card
4. non functioning of GIFT Prepaid Card in the desired manner for whatsoever reason, or if the ATM is not functioning due whatsoever reasons
5. the malfunction of any computer terminal
6. Any Force Majure events
7. transfer of the GIFT Prepaid Card to any third party.
8. Termination of the GIFT Prepaid Card by the Customer.
9. Any loss or damage caused to the Customer alleged to have been caused by the repossession of the GIFT Prepaid Card by YES Bank/EbixCash.
10. Any discrepancy between the amount allocated to a GIFT Prepaid Card upon receipt of instructions in this regard from the Customer.
11. Any reversals done on the GIFT Prepaid Card on request of the Customer.
XII. DISPUTED TRANSACTIONS
- Any charge or Transaction slip or other payment requisition received by YES Bank/EbixCash for payment shall be conclusive proof of such Charge, , unless the GIFT Prepaid Card is lost, stolen or fraudulently misused and evidenced by the Customer.
- All disputed Transactions in relation to the GIFT Prepaid Card shall be required to be raised with the Customer Care Centre maintained by YES Bank/EbixCash, within fifteen (15 )days from the date of the disputed transaction. The Customer acknowledges that any request, after 15 days from the date of the disputed transaction shall not be accepted by YES Bank/EbixCash.
XIII. QUALITY OF GOODS AND SERVICES
- Any dispute with or complaint against any Merchant Establishment regarding any goods purchased or services availed must be directly resolved by the Customer with the Merchant Establishment.
- The Customer acknowledges and consents to sharing of information pertaining to the Customer and the usage of the GIFT Prepaid Cardwith any other banks or financial or statutory or regulatory authorities.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that YES Bank/EbixCash may report to any other banks or financial or statutory or regulatory authorities any Customer delinquencies and/or the usage of the GIFT Prepaid Card. YES Bank/EbixCash shall not be obliged to disclose the details of such banks or financial or statutory or regulatory authorities to the Customer, including the extent of such disclosure.
- The Customer hereby authorizes YES Bank/EbixCash and its agents to exchange, share or part with all the information relating to the Customer’s details and payment history with YES Bank’s group companies or Affiliates.
XV. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- All disputes arising in relation to these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Mumbai
XVI. CHANGING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
YES Bank/EbixCash reserves the sole right to change, these Terms and conditions, features and benefits offered on the GIFT Prepaid Card, including but not limited to interest charges or rates and methods of calculation.
- YES BANK/EbixCash shall communicate the amended Terms and Conditions by hosting them on its website, www.Yesbank.in/www.ebixcash.com, or in any other manner as decided by YES Bank.
- The Customer shall be responsible for reviewing these Terms and Conditions, including amendments thereto as may be posted on the YES Bank/EbixCash website: www.yesbank.in/www.ebixcash.com and shall be deemed to have accepted the amended Terms and Conditions by continuing to use the GIFT Prepaid Card.
XVII. SCHEDULE OF CHARGES
|Amount||Rs. 100 per Card|
|Card Replacement||INR 100 per card|
Nothing contained herein shall, however, prevent YES Bank/EbixCash from deducting tax deductible at source as required under the Applicable Laws, from any Transaction through the GIFT Prepaid Card.
XVIII. Customer Grievance Redressal
- In the event of any dispute or grievance in relation to the GIFT Prepaid Card and/or these Terms and Conditions, the Customer may contact the YES Bank/EbixCash 24 hours Customer Care number at
18002000/ 07666155220/ 1800 266 5757or Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event the dispute or grievance in relation to the GIFT Prepaid Card and/or these Terms and Conditions is not adequately address or resolved by the YES Bank Customer Care, the Customer may approach the YES Bank Nodal Officer details of which can be found on website of Yes Bank.
- YES Bank agrees that all complaints, disputes or grievances raised by the Customer shall be addressed and/or resolved in a time bound manner.
- The Customer may at any time approach the Banking Ombudsman for their grievance redressal.
This EbixCash Gift Card is issued to you by Ebix Payment Services Private Limited, a company incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956/ 2013 and having its Registered Office at 2nd Floor, Manek Plaza, Kalina CST Road, Kolekalyan, Santacruz (East), Mumbai – 400098 (“EbixCash”). EbixCash is a Trade name of Ebix Payment Services Private Limited.
(Terms & Conditions) These terms and conditions (including the detailed T&C on the website viz www.ebixcash.com) govern usage of the Prepaid Gift Card (the “Card”) held by you (the “Cardholder”) issued by EbixCash. The Cardholder hereby agrees to abide by the Terms and the Cardholder shall be deemed to have unconditionally agreed to and accepted the Terms by performing a transaction with the Card or acknowledging receipt of the Card in writing or by signing on the reverse of the Card or opening the virtual card by the OTP shared on the registered mobile number of customer and shall also be deemed to have read and understood all the Terms & Conditions. The Cardholder shall be responsible for keeping himself/herself updated with any changes/ amendments in the relevant notifications/ guidelines/ circulars governing usage the Card. The EbixCash disclaims all liability on account of any breach by the Cardholder of the relevant notifications/ guidelines/ circulars governing usage of the Cards in force and from time to time. If the Terms are not acceptable, the Cardholder must not use the Card and immediately return the Card to EbixCash.
(Accessing Card Account Detail) Information concerning the Card, including the available balance (“Card Balance”) after due log-in to www.ebixcash.com or accessed by calling/writing to the Customer Service Centre at the phone number and/or email address listed on the back of your Card.
1. Usage, Limits and Security
(Usage) The issue and use of the Card shall be subject to the rules & regulations as issued by EbixCash from time to time. The Cardholder shall use the Card only in India to purchase or avail goods and services from merchants. No cash withdrawal, cash-out, refund or fund transfer will be permitted on this Card.
(Transferability) The Card is not transferable or assignable by the Cardholder under any circumstances.
(Lost & Stolen Cards) If the Card or its PIN is lost, stolen or misused please immediately contact the customer service centre (“Customer Service Centre”) on the telephone numbers listed on the backside of Card. The Card shall be blocked within 24 hrs of reporting and risk of protecting your money starts from the time you report the loss of the Card. EbixCash may at its sole discretion and on verification of identity of the Card holder may issue new Card in lieu of the lost Card by charging prescribed fees.
(Legalities) The Cardholder shall only use the Card for lawful purposes in a lawful manner.
(Cards) Cards are treated like cash, and EbixCash shall not be liable for the misuse, loss or theft of Cards. EbixCash will not reissue new Card in case of expiration of such Card.
(Responsibility) EbixCash shall in any manner be responsible for any disputes regarding goods and services received by the Cardholder including the quality, value, warranty, delay of delivery, non delivery, non receipt of any goods or services. It must be clearly understood that the Card is only facility to the Cardholder to avail facilities and the EbixCash holds out no warranty or makes no representation about quality, quantity, value, delivery or otherwise, howsoever regarding goods or services, and any such disputes should be resolved by the Cardholder with the merchant directly.
(Changes in Card Balance) The Customer may be entitled for credit in the Card account in case of reversal of transaction no cash shall be refunded to the Cardholder. EbixCash shall recover applicable charges imposed by the respective merchant while refunding the money.
(Transaction Limits) EbixCash, Banks and/or merchants at points of sale may set limits on the monetary amount and number of transaction allowed through a Card during a set time period (“Transaction Limits”). Transaction Limits are set out on website www.ebixcash.com will apply to the Card. EbixCash may, at any time, modify the Transaction limits for any reason whatsoever. The Cardholder can view these changes online at Ebixcash.com or may also call the Customer Service Centre. The Cardholder will be notified in accordance with applicable law.
2. Expiration, Cancellation and Termination
The Card issued to you is valid for a period of 18 months or for a period printed on the card. The Card will expire on the expiration date mentioned on the Card. EbixCash may cancel or suspend usage of the Card immediately upon: (i) the Card holder intimating the loss, of card. (ii) there is no balance in the Card for a period of 90 days, (iii) any breach of terms and conditions by the Card holder, (iv) upon specific request from the corporate to cancellation or suspension of the Card, or (v) processing payments in relation to the cancel or suspend the Card, or (vi) EbixCash is unable or otherwise prevented from processing payments in relation to the Card for reasons beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to restrictions imposed by law or regulation.
3. Card Balance
(Card Balance) the Cardholder may utilise the Card Balance by due and proper use of the Card, in accordance with these Terms. No interest is payable to the Cardholder. The Card holder is advised to transact for requisite amount of purchase/ availing services including applicable charges otherwise the transaction may not be honoured.
(Irregularities) The Cardholder will inform EbixCash for any irregularities or discrepancies that exist in the transaction details at a merchant establishment within 30 days of the transaction processed. If no such notice is received during this time, EbixCash will assume the correctness of the transaction.
4. Fees and Applicable Taxes
EbixCash will deduct all fees and charges due to EbixCash from the Card Balance.
5. Liability of EbixCash
The liability of EbixCash is restricted to the extent of the amount lying in the Card at any point of time.
6. Data Protection
EbixCash will process the Cardholders personal data in order to provide a Card in accordance with the Customer's instructions, to administer the Card, to deal with any queries the Cardholder has concerning the Card or its use, for statistical and regulatory reporting and fraud prevention purposes.
EbixCash will confidentially and only to the extent permitted under applicable data protection and bank secrecy laws, give Cardholder information to other companies and third parties including those providing application processing, fraud monitoring, customer service, Card production and technology processing services and each of their agents and subcontractors, information about the Cardholder & the Card.
EbixCash may disclose the Cardholder's personal data to: (i) the Customer, (ii) fraud prevention agencies if false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is suspected, and (iii) statutory/regulatory authorities, law enforcement or fraud prevention agencies where we are required to do so by applicable law or court order. EbixCash may record and/or monitor telephone calls to help maintain high quality service and for security, data collection and training purposes, or as required by applicable law. All recordings belong to EbixCash. The Cardholder consents to the processing (including transfer) of its personal data by EbixCash, and the other recipients identified above, for the purposes set out above.
(Amendments) EbixCash may, with notice to the Customer, at any time and subject to applicable law, change or delete any provision, add or change (including to increase or decrease) any charges. The Cardholder will be deemed to have seen and accepted the changes 24 hours after they are available online at www.ebixcash.com. EbixCash reserves the right to amend any conditions.
(Governing Law) These Terms and all matters arising hereunder shall be governed by Indian laws and both the Cardholder and EbixCash submit to the exclusive jurisdictions of the courts of Mumbai.
For detailed terms & conditions with regards to Customer Grievance Policy and Customer Protection Policy, kindly visit to www.ebixcash.com.
8. Help Line
Call us at our Customer Care centre No.